Monday, August 29, 2011

BOOYAH

So I thought hard about coming home and writing after my eureka moment. But then I was tired and cranky and this incredible guitar player on the subway was playing Hard Day's Night, so I came home and we played Beatles Rock Band instead. We are dorks. Very happy dorks.

After I kicked ass on She's Leaving Home and then didn't suck too hard on a bunch of other songs, I settled down to write.

838 new words. And a whole nother conversation is about to happen before the conversation that was giving me so many problems.

Now I have to go to sleep, but I feel jazzed and ready to keep writing. If only I could put this feeling on hold until tomorrow evening. Or writing group on Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it typical that inspiration will hit when we're just not prepared for it?? I always have great ideas that I forget when I'm somewhere I could actually do something about them!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, and for the idea to put edible glitter on the candied nuts! That's an amazing idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the return comment!

    ...and the nudge it gave me to return to this poor neglected blog. Perhaps that'll be my holiday project this year!

    ReplyDelete